Water21 acts as a facilitating framework, bridging communities with regulators, water companies, local authorities and government agencies in order to:
- resolve critical water issues in communities;
- enhance the water resources assets for the benefit of communities and the environment, in an economically viable manner
- help water managers to achieve long-term, low-cost, holistic and sustainable water resources solutions;
- collaborate on world-class research with our students.
Collaborations have often proved very productive. Past successes include:
- the development of the UK’s first catchment scale, hydraulic flood modelling for dispersed flood attenuation;
- construction of reedbed water treatment for control of pesticide contaminated wastewater and research;
- protection of pristine rivers in Scotland vital for wild salmon.
We have a number of research projects suitable for university students and academics in a range of different fields. To find out more, please contact us.